When you close your business for holiday there are so many things to think about. Last minute deliveries, staff wages, safely shutting down equipment, out of office messages, informing clients ……the list goes on.
In amongst all of that you must ensure that your business premises are safe and secure while you are away. CSS has produced a shortlist of the main things for you to consider to ensure peace of mind while you are away and if your place of business is left unattended for days or weeks at a time.
- Ask a neighbouring business owner to help keep an eye on your property.
- Check that your alarm system (if you have one) is set correctly and is fully operational.
- Check that all office doors, windows and shutters are secured properly.
- Lock all desks and filing cabinets.
- Secure keys in a locked container (key safe)
- Ensure that all sensitive documents are shredded and not left in waste bins.
- Remove any valuable personal items and ask your staff to do so also.
- Ask suppliers to hold off deliveries until after re-opening
- Check that your premises insurance is up to date should the worst happen.
For additional advice you should contact your local community police office for further information on what you can do to keep your business premises safe and secure.
So to protect your business get a professional Intruder Alarm System from CSS
It will provide complete peace of mind, safeguarding your premises, stock and employees