Sometimes the simplest things can be overlooked when it comes to security for your business premises. However, you can be certain that burglars won’t overlook them.
Here are some simple tips to help you with the security of your business premises.
- Only use good quality door and window locks from recognised manufacturers and installed by expert locksmiths.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are closed, locked and secure prior to leaving work for the day or weekend.
- Never leave car/work keys in an entrance area or hallway. Burglars have been known to use tools to hook your keys through the letterbox and gain entry to your place of work. This can often lead to the burglar stealing a company car or van along with anything else they can take from the property.
- Use timer devices to switch lights on/off automatically if your place of work is left empty for a few days.
- If your place of work is a workshop or garage make sure tools, ladders, etc are securely put away. Burglars can use this type of equipment as a means to gaining entry or gain height advantage to access upper floors.
- Be aware of strangers calling at your door as they could be checking the property out before coming back again in the future. If you are suspicious of such callers inform your local Police Community Safety Officer.
- If your locks need replaced contact a member of the Master locksmith association MLA.
- Letterboxes should have an internal cover plate.
- Don’t leave keys in the lock (on the inside of the door) as they can get removed via the letterbox.
- Make sure your burglary insurance cover is actually higher than what you need. Specify cover for individual items of high replacement value against theft.
- Keep proof of purchase receipts for office equipment, machinery, etc and photograph and record serial numbers.
- And of course if you don’t already have one, be sure to install a quality CSS Alarm System.
So to protect your business get a professional Intruder Alarm System from CSS
It will provide complete peace of mind, safeguarding your premises, stock and employees